Qualifications to become a Volunteer Hunter Education Instructor:
- Must be at least 18 years old, of high moral character, a good communicator and have a passion to promote Georgia’s hunting heritage.
- Complete and submit an application, including a letter of self-certification and consent for a background check to their regional Law Enforcement Office.
- Complete the Hunter Education Training Program.
- Assist in presenting a Georgia approved hunter education course under the guidance of a certified instructor. The certified instructor will evaluate the applicant’s performance and make recommendations on certification.
- Must participate in a minimum of one student course each calendar year.
Questions? Call the Hunter Development office at (770) 761-3010.